Brett Byers on Thu, 11 Jan 2007 19:51:00 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Proposal: Game Actions Update

>comex wrote:
>I don't see what this proposal is supposed to help, though.

It doesn't add anything new to the ruleset, it just consolidates what's
already there. I thought it would help in two areas.

First, it brings 1-10 and 1-15 together, since both deal with the same
thing, Game Actions. Reading 1-10 without 1-15, it says that a player
can make any game action at any time. A player could use that to argue e
can make a game action to stop the Clock, or make a game action to
rename a Section. The only thing that makes these illegal game actions
is rule 1-15, unless I'm missing something somewhere.

Second, the game actions in 1-8 and 2-1 are supposed to be Administrator
game actions only, by my interpretation. Right now, that is implied, but
not stated.

I like the idea of limiting a player's game actions to what is clearly
defined in the ruleset as legit game actions. I just thought it would be
nice to combine them together in one place. And the Administrator part
was to back this idea up further, by clearly marking these as
"Administrator Only" game actions.

Plus, it gets my feet wet with the system without proposing something
huge be changed. I can learn from any discussion about it how to
approach presenting and adapting proposals, if it passes I feel a bit
more confident in my logic chains, and if it fails I learn to keep my
big, fat mouth shut. ;-)