Joel Uckelman on Thu, 28 Dec 2006 06:46:41 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] dice server enhancements, part 2

Thus spake shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx:
> The syntax that you've chosen is quite close to the syntax for my
> favourite language, Lua.
>
> With some slight compromises to the syntax you could get Lua to parse
> your syntax automatically - if you wanted to implement your dice
> roller in Lua, which presumably you don't.
>
> Ignore me....

I'd originally thought about using Perl to do the parsing and execution,
but I couldn't convince myself that it would be possible to sanitize
the code to make sure that users weren't finding a sneaky way to call
system().

--
J.