Joel Uckelman on Sun, 17 Dec 2006 15:46:21 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] populate $wgLogo (and other wiki stuff, Joel?)

Thus spake "Peter Cooper Jr.":
> Antonio <antonio.dolcetta@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > I propose the following:
> >
> > The official logo for bnomic is the image found at address: http://b.nomic.
> net/wiki/images/9/9b/Blogo.gif
> > [[yay for file upload!]]
>
> I'm not sure we need a proposal for this. But if we do want to make it
> an official part of the game, it should probably go into the rules
> rather than just happen via proposal.
>
> (And I think Joel is the person for this)
> Can we make the following changes to the wiki:
> - Only allow edits by registered users

Done. This is a setting in LocalSettings.php.

> - Only allow users to be created by wiki admins (whatever MediaWiki
>   calls them)

I haven't discovered how to do this yet.

> - Make me a wiki admin

I added Bureaucrat and Sysop status to your account.

> - Ideally, give me access to the wiki config file (and then I can make
>   these other changes myself, I think), although I understand if that
>   poses security risks you don't want to give Random Person On The
>   Internet.

I want to hold off on this for now---not because I don't trust you, but
because I want to make sure that it's actually needed before I do it.

--
J.