Jake Eakle on Sun, 17 Dec 2006 00:33:56 -0700 (MST)

[s-d] Spivak Pronouns (was Amended Proposal "Rule Tag")

On 12/17/06, Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There is no spivak pronoun "ey", though this is a common mistake. The
> word you want is "e", which replaces "he" or "she".

While I like 'e' much, much better, this does not appear to be
correct<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spivak_pronoun>.
Personally, I find a mixture of the old and new Spivaks to be most
desirable: E/Em/Eir/Eirs/Emself. However, if forced to choose between one of
the predefined sets, I would go with the old one (E/Em/Eir/Eirs/Eirself)
rather than the new (Ey/Em/Eir/Emself). If we are going to use these, it
might be nice to standardize one way or the other. What do people think?

-Personman

Above URL in long form:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spivak_pronoun