shadowfirebird on Wed, 29 Nov 2006 02:23:24 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] RFC: The Grid

Good game.  I'm a bit nervous of the team element; I guess I would
have to see the actual proposal.  And I think perhaps think you need
an opt-out clause, so that players don't have to play this sub-game?

Since we're talking about this I'll paste my draft proposal for a
board-based game here.  Repeat, this is a draft: I'm not ready to
propose yet.  (Be warned, it's a bit weird...)

<draft>
__Rule Tag__
Create a new rule "Rule Tag":
{{
   There is an attribute "rule tag location".  This must be a valid rule
   number, or  "null".  The default value is null.

   Rule Tag Location can be shortened to RTL.

   Players with an RTL of null are not currently playing the game of rule
   tag.

   As a game action, a player may change eir RTL by posting a "move"
   to the public forum.  If eir current RTL is null, then e may choose any
   rule number.  Otherwise, e may choose the rule number of a rule that
   defines one of the game terms used in eir current RTL; the rule number
   of a rule that refers to one of the game terms defined in the current
   RTL; or null.

   When posting a move, the player must clearly show eir current RTL,
   new RTL and the game term that links them.  Only one such move can
   be posted in an n-week; subsequent move actions in the same n-week
   are ignored.

   At the end of the n-week, after passed proposals have been enacted
   into the rules, the RTL of each player is checked and the following things
   happen:

   1) Any player whose RTL no longer points to a valid rule has eir RTL set
   to null and loses 100 points.

   2) Any player whose RTL points to a rule that has just changed loses 30
   points.

   3) Any player on the same RTL as another player will lose or gain points
   based on their elemental precedence.  This works as follows: Earth beats
   Water; Water beats Fire; Fire beats Air; Air beats Earth; all other
   combinations are neutral.  A player on the same location as another
   player and with a losing elemental precedence gives that player 30
   points.

   [[So given three players with elements Earth, Air and Fire, on the same
    RTL: Air gives Fire 30 points; Earth gives Air 30 points.]]

   [[bamf - need a minister to run this game.  need to define element
   attribute and how it is changed.  What else?]]
}}
</draft>