Daniel Lepage on Fri, 24 Nov 2006 21:32:40 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Judgement draft

On Nov 24, 2006, at 8:28 PM, Antonio Dolcetta wrote:

> On 25 Nov 2006, at 00:25, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:
>
>> Antonio Dolcetta <antonio.dolcetta@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>> ===Accepting RFJs===
>>> The selected Judge shall as a Game Action accept eir assigned RFJ by
>>> changing it's state to Accepted.
>>
>> The "shall" here implies to me that the accepting is required.
>>
>> And it's "its", not "it's" here.
>
> Yes it's required. You can't bog down justice by deliberately not
> accepting an assigned RFJ, you will step down from it or accept it,
> you can't simply ignore it. Maybe it should be more explicit.

But you can't enforce that. Say I get assigned a RFJ, and I simply
don't do anything. What happens then? The rules cannot force me to do
anything, because the rules can only force changes to objects defined
by the rules.

Also, RFJs should NOT have any sort of binding force. I cite nweek 4:
http://lists.ellipsis.cx/archives/spoon-business/spoon-
business-200201/msg00034.htm

--
Wonko