Daniel Lepage on Wed, 22 Nov 2006 08:33:40 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] let's call them bdays and bweeks and so on 2

This does make sense, except that when a player replies to a message
on -business, they may or may not be doing business. When the reply-
to for -business was -business, we frequently got nonbusiness on the
list, because players would just hit "reply". As it stands right now,
the reply-to for -business is -discuss, which prevents that, but
which sometimes means that a player meaning to post to -business
accidentally sends to -discuss. One method of combating this was to
allow a Minister in charge of tracking something to recognize
relevant action that were sent to the wrong forum; e would be
required to notify the business forum that e was doing this.

Or we could just change the reply-to so that -business replies to
itself by default, and we could live with the inevitable scraps of
discussion on -business.

--
Wonko

On Nov 22, 2006, at 4:48 AM, Andy Jones wrote:

> Actually, I'd vote against that.
>
> I want to see actual game stuff on business; idle chat on discussions.
>  Makes perfect sense to me.  Sorry.
>
> On 11/22/06, Peter Cooper Jr. <pete+bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Antonio <antonio.dolcetta@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>> [[arrgh, i hate the distinction between discuss and business, has
>>> anyone thought of a way to get rid of the distinction ?]]
>>
>> In the past, we had a rule that allowed a minister (when we had
>> ministers) to recognize an action taken on a Discussion forum if done
>> within a certain amount of time. See the second paragraph of rule
>> 1-3/5 on Wonko's archive of our prior ruleset at
>> <http://www.nomic.net/~wonko/current_ruleset.txt>.
>> Presumably, something similar could be made with me being the
>> Administrator recognizing actions. Although, right now there's no
>> definition of "recognizing" and I'm just the one who's reponsible for
>> making sure players know about the state of the game, so it may be a
>> bit more complicated to put it in.
>>
>> --
>> Peter C.
>>

> --