Andy Jones on Wed, 22 Nov 2006 03:21:36 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Conflict resolution

No, it's cool.

>Why does the oldest one win, instead of the newest?
Because.  ...Oh, you want me to persuade you?  If you wanted to
override an earlier rule, you could amend it, and probably should.
This prevents +accidental+ conflicts.

>Are dates in n-time or earth-time?
Okay, good point, I'll fix that.

>What if two rules say they override each other?
Then this proposal doesn't help. We might want that as a winning
condition, anyway.

>Why should changing some irrelevant part of a rule affect it's precedence?
It's not irrelevant if it effects precedence, is it?