Peter Cooper Jr. on Mon, 13 Nov 2006 20:07:01 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Hello!

Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Oh, wow, people...
>
> Welcome back!

Thanks!

> The game has been dead for all intents and purposes since mid-
> September. Server failure took out the main page (though I've got
> archives of much data on my machine here). As of 9/11, Joel was going
> to set up a MediaWiki for us to use, I believe at b.nomic.net, but
> nothing ever came of that. Presumably Real Life intruded.

I coincidentally have a MediaWiki set up at www.cooperjr.name for my
personal web site, and I'd be willing to host things there until we
have things more permanently established. (Actually, I'd be willing to
host things there on a more permanent basis too if need be, although I
only have control over the cooperjr.name domain for now, and it sounds
like we can get some stuff up elsewhere eventually.)

> Joel, is there any chance of getting that up in the near future?
>
> Also, as of September, bd, Eugene, Antonio, and myself all showed
> signs of still being alive.

Sounds like enough people to start with. And even if we don't have web
space yet, we can start talking about what ruleset/tweak we want to
use in order to resurrect everything.

> This semester's hitting me pretty hard though, so I doubt I'll
> contribute much to the game until at least mid-December (after most
> grad school apps are due).

Well, please don't let us distract you from your studies. There are
more important things than Nomic, I suppose. :)

Where are the archives of prior/possibly-current rulesets?

--
Peter C.