Joel Uckelman on Mon, 11 Sep 2006 02:56:22 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Ding dong the witch is dead.

Thus spake Eugene Meidinger:
> Now this only applies until someone contradicts me or suggests a better
> idea.
>
> I would like you to install a mediawiki.
> It will require mysql and php in order to run much like some message
> boards. Optionally you might wish to install imagemagick as well.
>
> You'll need to edit the LocalSettings.php to make the following changes:
> Allow image uploads. Allowing pdf uploads might also be good.
> Edit the copyright information. This isn't like an encyclopedia but we
> may still want to release everything under something such as the gfdl or
> cc.
> Make it so non-logged in users can only read pages and new accounts must
> be made by sysops.
>
> Also if possible please install the graphviz extention.
>
> Now this isn't going to solve all of the issues but the only problem I
> can think of right now is that if we want secret and automatic voting we
> will need some other program to take care of that.
>
> If you would like any other information I will see what I can find.
>

> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Installation
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/LocalSettings.php
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:User_rights
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Setting_user_rights_in_MediaWiki
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_extensions_FAQ
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/GraphViz

So everyone knows: I didn't get to this over the weekend. I will get
to it sometime this week.

Also: Could someone gather up all of the old game stuff for me so I can
archive it?

--
J.