Eugene Meidinger on Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:24:57 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] What news?

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 22:58 +0200, Joel Uckelman wrote:
> It would be easy to write a GraphViz script to represent the House, since
> it sounds like the House is an undirected graph. (GraphViz produces
> beautiful output in a variety of formats.)

I was taking a look and there is a GraphViz extention here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/GraphViz
So we could actually have the map editable from the page.

As for parsing the rules and such here is how it would work.

The unformatted rule page would look like this:

The rules as of 8/10/2008

==Section 1==

{{Rule|Wonko has the power|1.1|3|2|Wonko has the power to do anything he
wants}}

{{Rule|No Whtp|1.2|0|2|Rule 1.1 is invalid}}

And what the templating system would do is is format it the way we want
and fill in the blanks with the data set there. I think css does the
same sort of thing but I may be wrong.

Also I think you can easily do a database dump into xml but i'd have to
check.