Peter Cooper Jr. on Mon, 16 Jan 2006 20:08:21 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: Movin in the haunted house

"Mark Walsh" <flutesultan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On: 1/14/06 2:33:01 PM smartcowboy sent:
>> You are right. Is this a case of executive tidiness?
>>
> I considered that possibility. I don't believe it is.
> Rule 4-7 allows a Minister to submit an ET Referendum
> for issues of grammer, spelling, format or content.
> It might be argued that the latter applies, but at present
> I don't believe the issue is an error. It has just never been
> proposed to initiate new player's APs.

Right... The rules are pretty clear that new players don't randomly
get action points. It wasn't intentional on our part to exclude them,
but sometimes we focus much more on dealing with the current players
and forget that players can join at any time. I hope you don't take
it personally and can help us fix the problems instead.

That's what so great about Nomic... I've on more than one occasion
thought, "Gee, the game shouldn't work like that." And so then I
proposed a fix. And new players do get 4 Pens, so feel free to propose
to fix anything you don't like. Don't be shy; the worst that we'll do
is vote it down.

--
Peter C.