Daniel Lepage on Sun, 8 Jan 2006 21:20:54 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: [auto] comex amends p335

On Jan 8, 2006, at 9:53 PM, Mark Walsh wrote:

On: 1/8/06 4:16:02 PM Peter sent:
Subject: [s-d] Re: [auto] comex amends p335

"Mark Walsh" <flutesultan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Now, how should I randomly order these lists?
Hmm....? If Prop 332 passes I could Shuffle them.

That's why I don't think we need a definition of Shuffle, really. You
can randomize them in any way you want, as long as it's random.

True. But how do Players know (or I prove) that the way is truly
random if it doesn't make use of the approved SORC?
I could fill out 3x5 cards, drop them in a hat and have a neighbor
kid pull them out and call that random. Is that approved?

It doesn't matter to me as long as it's reasonably random, or as long as I can't tell that it isn't. For that matter, it wouldn't particularly bother me if you just picked the order, as long as it was reasonably fair and/or humorous.

--
Wonko

"Science is what we understand well enough to explain to a computer. Art is everything else we do."
  -- Donald Knuth