Mark Walsh on Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:20:53 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Wiki Returns

On: 12/30/05 7:18:47 PM Wonko sent:
> Subject: Re: [s-d] Wiki Returns
>

> On Dec 30, 2005, at 9:25 PM, Mark Walsh wrote:
>
> >> Subject: Re: [s-d] Wiki Returns

> >> Are you still having problems with the formatting or the width of the
> >> edit window, and if so, what browser and theme are you using?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Wonko
> > OK. I see the last vertical bar. Done.
> > I'm using the Right Side Bar. It don't look so good.
> > Is there a prefered theme for your updates?
> > Still have a very narrowed edit box (1/3 screen).
> > Clock is off, and I don't see that ndelay matters
> > a whole lot. The Front Page is stalling (w/ error)
> > at the Clock, however.
> >
> > Triller
>
> The Modern theme is my favorite, and because it doesn't have a sidebar
> it's also the least likely to run into trouble. I'm not sure why you
> get the narrow edit box, though; it doesn't happen on my machine with
> any of the themes. I've tried the three themes that came with the newer
> version, and they all seem to work perfectly for me under Safari and
> Firefox. Under IE, everything works except the links at the top in the
> classic and modern themes, which don't layout properly, but I seem to
> recall from viewing another site with an up-to-date MoinMoin that this
> isn't a problem with the windows version of IE.
>
> If you're still having trouble, it's possible that your browser cached
> something that needs to be reloaded; in particular, some of the new css
> files have the same name as old ones, and that could cause a number of
> problems. If that's the case, the problem will probably go away
> overnight, or you could try clearing your browser cache.
>
> The Clock displays properly at the moment, but it won't automatically
> update itself every day. This has to do with a strange error that's
> thrown at me whenever I try to connect to the MySQL server from python;
> hopefully I can figure that out before all the Clock Keys come back on
> in a few days.
>
> --
> Wonko

I pulled the site up at work this morning, and
indeed it looks splendid. Still not so swank at home.
I'll see if I can't figure out what's cached for acceleration.

The Proposal Scripts are buggy. This as of now.

Also, I have always kept a hardcopy of the ruleset.
I notice that the links to individual rules are no longer
present. It's handy to bop through my binder looking
higher revision numbers so as to always have the current
ruleset at hand for Proosing or rendering results from some
Action. Is it a simple matter to reintroduce these links?

Triller