Antonio Dolcetta on Fri, 11 Nov 2005 02:33:15 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] Antonio submits p282

Daniel Lepage wrote:

On Nov 7, 2005, at 6:12 AM, automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Antonio has submitted a new Motion, p282.

---------------------------------
Motion 282/0: Antonio Also Amends Alliteration
A Proposal by Antonio
Last modified on nweek 99, nday 10

Antonio Also Amends Alliteration

in rule 3-9, paragraph 2.D Miscellaneous Form Proposals, remove the item starting with "The Title contains exclusively...".

Create a new paragraph in the same rule that reads:
{{
Alliterative Proposal.
An Alliterative Proposal is a proposal which contains at least 5 words longer than three letters and in which all such words start with the same letter. This letter is known as the alliterative letter for that proposal.
When an alliterative proposal passes it's owner is awarded 3 GeneChips.
Additionally there is a bonus of 1 gc for each word in the proposal of two or less letters that starts with the alliterative letter, and a subtraction of 1 gc for every word that does not. Words that are in comments do not count for the purpose of this paragraph.
}}

It seems to me that this will almost never be used, because it simply too difficult to ensure. It's mildly tricky to come up with *good* alliterative titles; my policy is to vote against anything that has a really stupid title which was obviously contorted to fit a form. It would be next to impossible to have a proposal of reasonable length wherein every word began with the same letter, especially given that three one- or two-letter words without the same starting letter would completely negate the bonus.

I'd be more for this if it were changed so that either only the sentences had to start with the same letter, or if the bonus were increased **dramatically**, say 80 GC.

Hmm, maybe raise the limit to all 4+ letter words ? Starting sentences has already been done (yeah, by me, but still...), and giving an absurd bonus doesn't feel right.
I'm actually considering dropping this proposal outright

Suggestions ?

Speaking of sentence-based restrictions, a question about your acronym fixing prop: What happens in the case of "nested" sentences? For example, a proposal might say:
{{
Add the following sentences to the bulleted list in rule X:
 * No player may ever Distim a Dosh.
 * Any player may gask the cobbic glaud unless e has the calbice.
}}

Is this three sentences, or one? The first one contains the other two, so they could be looked at as part of it and thus not subject to your acronym rules.

I'd say it's three, I'm unsure how to word it so to make it clear in the rules. Suggestions ?

--

	Antonio
    http://gelo.dolcetta.net