Chris Le Sueur on Fri, 4 Nov 2005 11:04:08 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] Antonio submits p276

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 12:32 +0000, automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Antonio has submitted a new Motion, p276.
>
> ---------------------------------
> Motion 276/0: Circuit Breaking For Fun And Profit
> A Proposal by Antonio
> Last modified on nweek 99, nday 7
>
> Circuit Breaking For Fun And Profit
>
> create a new room named the Basement with the following description:
> {{
> This room is very small, damp and musty.
> A single lightbulb slowly hangs from the ceiling and projects ominous dancing shadows on the bare cement walls.
> There is a stack of what might be old rotting paintings in the corner.
> The only feature of interest is a wooden box attached to the wall, about the size of a shoebox, with a piece of pipe running out of the top and disappearing in the ceiling.
> Closer examination reveals the box to contain three labeled switches. The labels are unfortunately unreadable.
> }}
>
> and the following ordinances:
> {{
> [[ the idea is that you can take out power from one floor at a time, to do this properly we should define the concept of "floors", that's probably overkill, so for now please every time you add a room, also amend these lists accordingly, if you forget, it's not so bad. It is a Haunted house after all ;-) ]]
> The three Circuit Breakers are objects. They may not be picked up or moved. If a player is in the Basement e may declare e is throwing a switch at the cost of 1 action point. When a player throws a switch roll 1D4, depending on the outcome of the roll the following things happen:
>
> on a roll of 1:
> [[ CUT POWER TO UPPER FLOOR ]]
> change the state of
>     - the Conservatory
>     - the Upper Hall
>     - Aunt Mabel's Attic
> to dark, if these rooms were already dark, change them to lit instead.
>
> on a roll of 2:
> [[ CUT POWER TO GROUND FLOOR ]]
> change the state of
>     - the Front Hall
>     - the Gallery
>     - the Seance Room
>     - the Trophy Room
>     - the Training Room
>     - the Seance Room
> to dark, if these rooms were already dark, change them to lit instead.
>
> on a roll of 3:
> [[ CUT POWER TO INTERRED FLOOR ]]
> change the state of
>     - the Storage Room
>     - the Static Room
>     - the Dynamic Room
>     - the Basement
> to dark, if these rooms were already dark, change them to lit instead.
>
> on a roll of 4:
> [[ BURNT FINGERS ]]
> Roll 1D3.
> The player that threw the switch loses an amount of health equal to the result multiplied by 10. Change the state of ALL rooms in the house except
>     - West of the House
>     - the Closet
> [...]

The list should not include the Basement, as it has not yet passed (nor
my Propinator) - if this passes, but the other does not, then it doesn't
make sense.

I think it needs some kind of contingency clause...

--
Chris