Peter Cooper Jr. on Sat, 27 Aug 2005 20:31:46 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: Prop 214

flutesultan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> I missed something when updating the Roster.
>
> I thought Prop 214 gave a double amplitude bonus,
> But actually it reads:
> {{
> Give each player who voted a positive number
> on this proposal Amplitude equal to twice the
> value e voted.
> }}
>
> I gave 2A to the FOR voters, but if a FOR vote
> is 2, it looks like the four of us should receive
> 4A.
>
> Peter, Wonko, DQT. Comments?

That was the intent, yes. Players voting 1 got 2A, and players voting
2 (a.k.a. FOR) got 4A.

> Another slant.
> A non-abstain vote gets 1A by the Rules.
> By this prop should we receive 4A on top of that
> for FOR votes?

Yes, that was the intent there as well. It doesn't say anything like
"instead of the normal Amplitude bonus" or "double the normal
amount". It just gives out Amplitude. Nothing stops more than one
effect from giving out Amplitude at the same time.

--
Peter C.