Peter Cooper Jr. on Sat, 13 Aug 2005 05:13:45 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: Proposal Bunuses - Beginning of nWeek 96.

Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I interpret this to mean that all the Motions pass simultaneously, and
> *then* the changes are made sequentially, instantaneously, and all
> that. Which means that p196's changes only apply to future proposals,
> not ones that passed at the same time.

And, that's how we've been playing things, since I got here at
least. But I'm not sure the argument is quite as cut-and-dried as
Wonko made it out to be, though...

Rule 2-6 says that a motion's changes happen when it passes.
Rule 3-9 says to give out genechips for certain props then they each pass.
Rule 2-5 says that if two rules would cause a change at the same time
(such as the end-of-nweek moment when everything is passing), to do
them in precedence order, which says that r2-6's changes happen
first. So I think that there's a good argument that *all* prop changes
happen before *any* genechip bonuses are given out.

I'm not sure whether that's what we want to happen, though.

--
Peter C.