Daniel Peter Lepage on Fri, 5 Aug 2005 08:12:51 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] MY problems with current props.

> P199
> Doesn't seem like the advatages of that rule will ever affect many people.

It wouldn't be an advantage if everybody had it.

> p205
> The teleport seems a bit powerful.  Of course if you made it so  there was
> a 1 nday delay in teleporting then people could reek havoc by moving your
> pod. DAmage should probably be lowered since 10 is default health
> currently.

You can only create pods at your location, so the teleport doesn't do you
much good except as a way to quickly return to a place you've already
been. I expect it will be more useful when players take passageways that
other players can't take (say, because a Golem can't enter the Closet to
go through a secret passage at the back). Then a smaller player can go
through carrying a pod, after which the contraption holder can teleport
past to join em.

> p206
> Thumb of smiting seems slightly too powerful since that unless I had 30
> health and was very lucky the priest could kill me with a 1-2 smackdown of
> smite and punch.

I'll lower it to twenty, but as long as the Soul-Sucker allows
necromancers to strip priests of their powers, I think there needs to be a
check on your class.

> P208
> The bonding thing is a problem.  May want to limit it to rare and unique
> so you know you'll get something good. Also doesn't cover getting a second
> rare copy. Also it says from the attic implying the talismans there are
> useless. Also why not have the fall down to the front hall?
>
> p209
> We need a way to deal with uber-talismans .
>
> p212
> I really don't want more classes especiallyones that don't mesh with
> current ones.
> Make your prop compatible with my superpower prop and I might vote for it.

Why don't you want more classes? Worst-case scenario is that everyone
picks a different species and class, in which case it's just as though
they were all superpowers.

> p218-p219
>
> Instead of purely conditional you could make them do something interesting
> but not that important or contraversial incase my prop fails.

Hmm. I might do that, if I get a chance today.

--
Wonko