flutesultan on Tue, 2 Aug 2005 21:30:16 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Win Attempt - My slant.

Here's where I lose the logic. In parsing, you've taken everything after
the word "may" in Rule 3-12 and converted it simply to "Winning",
disregarding the requisite stipulation, that of an explicit allowance to do
so by another rule.
The X in 1-3's last paragraph is everything after the word "may", not
simply "Winning".

> Sound reasonable.
>
> > Rule 1-3's first paragraph states that "Any Outsider may take any Game
> > Action at any time unless the rules say otherwise."

And here the rules do say otherwise. Rule 3-12 itself specifically
precludes itself as justification for declaring a win, and no other rule
explicitly allows it.
Thus the stipulation in the full description of X in the last paragraph of
1-3 puts the unless in place in the first paragraph of same.

> Nice try but no cigar.  It doesn't mention winning  in there anywhere so
it isn't explicitly mentioning. I can go into a deeper rebuttal if you
like.