Daniel Lepage on Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:54:18 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] JessicaCooper submits p182

On Jul 21, 2005, at 6.57 PM, automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

JessicaCooper has submitted a new proposal, p182.

---------------------------------
Proposal 182/0: Look lively! A loophole!
A Tweak by JessicaCooper
<snip>
In section 2.D, remove the second bullet point.
<snip>
[[I'm not sure what happened with the second bullet point. I think it was originally intended to prevent players from gaining genechips for proposals which did not pass, and that genechips were awarded only if two conditions were met. If so, it was hopelessly out of date and slightly misworded. If anyone can think of a reason not to remove the second bullet point, I'll revise this.]]

I read the second bullet point as "if at least 9 votes are cast, and the number of FOR votes was *exactly* one more than the number of AGAINST votes". I like the clause, but I can see how clarification would help.

The bit about "if they pass" is covered in a hand-waving manner by section 1 of that rule, which asserts that each specialty form has "a reward to be given to a Player who creates a Proposal of that type which passes". I assume the bonus provided by section 2.D is such a reward.

--
Wonko

I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to.
    - Elvis Presley