Daniel Peter Lepage on Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:08:06 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] DQT submits p158

> DQT has submitted a new proposal, p158.
>
> ---------------------------------
> Proposal 158/0: Golems V2.0
> A Standard Proposal by DQT
> Last modified on nweek 93, nday 10
>
> Creat a new type of Talisman:
> {{
> Name: Golem

> Price: You, Your soul
>
> Effect: Instead of being destroyed, the Player used to forge this Talisman
> is transformed into this Talisman. This Talisman's name is then changed to
> the name of the Player who was transformed.
>
> Golems are Voting Entities.
>
> Golems may cast votes.
>
> Golems may sumbit Proposals.
> }}
> [[This way, anyone can be a Golem.]]

Oh! I get it. I mistook your original proposal as a creative way of
forfeiting: I thought you were trying to leave the game, but also to leave
an interesting residue behind. But you're actually just trying to put
yourself in a fundamentally different state from playerhood, while
remaining in the game?

In that case, I have a few different questions. First of all, why would
anyone want to become a Golem? As far as I can tell, the advantage is that
there's no limit on how many props a Golem may submit; the disadvantages
include that you get no bonuses from your props, you have no stats, and
you can't play any of the other subgames. Why would this ever be worth
doing?

--
Wonko