Daniel Peter Lepage on Thu, 9 Jun 2005 22:26:20 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] Ministry Elections

> "Daniel Peter Lepage" <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> Well, things are going from bad to worse here, as I'll be without a
>> computer until I can get my laptop's monitor replaced.
>
> I'm sorry to hear that... We hope that you can participate regularly
> again soon.

Thanks. I don't intend to drop out completely - I can still get access
through local libraries, etc. But I can no longer promise to do anything
at any given time, so I don't think I'm fit for Ministerial Duty.

> (Wonko, whoever takes over for you is going to need access to
> something in order to fix voting when bad votes/props happen, and to
> update the scripts to handle my changes to the game (adding MAYBE, and
> if p114 or p116 pass there will be even more changes), unless you'll
> still be around enough to fix all that. I'm willing to take a crack at
> making the changes if you're willing to give me access.)

Fortunately, I saved the files from my machine (only the monitor got
hurt), and these files include an already written newer version of the
voting scripts to handle MAYBE votes. I've also got designs for a more
flexible system that will let the propmin add new vote choices and edit
the conditions for passing, so that it won't take recoding to change the
way props work. I may be able to throw that together this weekend.

Congrats to DQT and Peter for winning the game.

--
Wonko