Raelus on Mon, 9 May 2005 21:35:16 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: Death Election

Alex Truelsen wrote:

On 5/9/05, Raelus <raelusaetherira@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Daniel Lepage wrote:

On May 9, 2005, at 6.17 PM, Raelus wrote:

With the election for death coming up, I'd like to make a few notes.
Firstly, I am grossly overactive when it comes to my email. I spend
too much time at my computer. :p
This means that your soul transactions will occur with absurd speed.
Also, it's good to spread out the Ministries. Do you wish for Wonko
and Peter to own all of the Ministries? Without other players
participiating, the game might drown in inactivity! I assure you,
there will be no "accidents" or "mistakes" in my public displays,
just 100% true information for you, the mighty players of B Nomic!
So, in conclusion, Raelus for Death nweek 89!
Says the guy who has "accidents" in other Ministers' displays...

I think you'll need a stronger campaign for Death than "Don't give
more Ministries to Wonko and Peter" because neither Peter nor I are
running for Death. Your opponent right now is The Baron, who also
holds no ministries and has also made frequent posts. Can you give any
reasons why we should vote for you over the guy who created souls?

Because I pulled off the Soul Penny scam. That, and I'm in favor of
recruiting as many people to B Nomic as possible, so we can use their
lost souls later. Certainly, I can dupe some of my friends into joining,
followed by their inevitable trip to the Vat...

I'd like to respond to my honorable opponent's arguments in favor of his election by noting that I wouldn't hire a bank robber to be my accountant. Also, if I'm going to keep making proposals about Soul Pennies, won't it be deliciously amusing if I am forced to concede that a scam against one of my own flawed rules worked? Either that or I'll wise up a little and not make proposals with such vast holes in them this way. It's win-win for the rest of you, really.

And as a side note, if you're going to get your friends to join, make them stay in the game, don't dupe them in so that they then quit... we need more active players, not more bodies.

[[BvS]]

On a side note, BVS FOR GRAMMAR NAZI.
Seriously though, I see two issues in my opponent's argument.
1) The proposals have nothing to do with the job.
2) Saying that I'm a bank robber is pretty far from the truth. The situation was more like a blinking Vegas sign that said "FREE SOUL PENNIES HERE, GET THEM WHILE THEY LAST." I would have been content with the temporary removal of pennies and title, but alas, my opponent supports my overwhelming wealth of SP, while I do not. While you only have 200 SP, or perhaps less, I nearly have 3000. Would it not be better to reset the system and make it fairer? But, I digress. The Ministry has nothing to do with this. I apologize to Peter for jumping the gun on the public displays...but I really would like to help. The Grammar Nazi isn't an especially appealing job to me, so I shall be content to update your Souls and SP and whatnot.