Alex Truelsen on Sun, 8 May 2005 21:25:40 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] Nweek 87 Proposal Resolution

On 5/8/05, Peter Cooper Jr. <pete+bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Proposal 28/2 GNU's Not Unix (BvS):
> That text doesn't exist in that rule (nor in rule 3-6 anymore, for
> that matter), so the main part of the proposal doesn't do anything.
> Only one Genechip will be given out for this proposal's passing, so I
> don't know if half of it can be awarded to The Voice. Thoughts?

Oh, just that there's more than one Genechip to be paid - the title of the
proposal is a recursive acronym. With "GNU" expanding to "GNU's Not Unix,"
there is a series of acronyms that title expands into, including "GNU,"
"GNUNU," "GNUNUNU," and so on. Therefore, since 3-6 stated at the time of
this proposal's passing that a proposal could be worth multiple Genechips, I
would say this one is worth an infinite number of Genechips. The Voice gets
half of that infinity. The point of the proposal was of course to fix the
hole after profiting from it. So, looks like the hole is fixed and
everyone's happy, especially me and Voice.

[[BvS]]