Peter Cooper Jr. on Tue, 3 May 2005 06:02:23 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [auto] Wonko amends p45

The Voice <voiceofnomic@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Where is the rule concerning the acryonym scoring?  I checked where it
> should have been and didn't see it there...

You may also have been thinking of p10
<http://www.bnomic.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/ViewProposals?propid=10>,
which passed, but it got immediately changed by the passing of p19
<http://www.bnomic.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/ViewProposals?propid=19>.

There might be a valid argument to be made that they both change the
rule simultaneously, with strange and unknown consequences, but
handling them in order seems like a good approach. (Basically, I see
r3-3's text "When a Proposal Passes, the gamestate changes listed
within it are implemented by whoever is responsible for them." as
stopping the simultaneousness, since the whoever responsible can't do
everything at once. But that might not be that great an argument.)

I'll probably propose something defining the order things happen in
later this nweek.

--
Peter C.
"The grand leap of the whale up the Fall of Niagara is esteemed, by all