Alex Truelsen on Mon, 25 Apr 2005 07:57:19 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] BvS amends p11

On 4/24/05, Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Apr 23, 2005, at 11.31 AM, automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > * It is capable of passing a Turing Test
> > * Its Soul is Lost, Found, or does not exist
>
> Arguably "Its Soul does not exist" is uniformly false - if it has no
> Soul, then any reference to its Soul is nonsensical, and otherwise its
> Soul exists.
>
> > * It has a working e-mail address
> >
> > When a Player ceases to be a player for any reason, e loses all game
> > defined properties and attributes except for eir Name, and eir Soul
> > becomes Lost, unless it is possessed by another player, in which case
> > it becomes Found and remains in the possession of its Master.
>
> If it's in somebody else's possession, isn't it already Found?
>
> Also, what if a player holds another player's soul, then quits? The
> quitter "loses all properties and attributes", so presumably ceases to
> hold the other guy's soul, but the soul apparently remains Found. Is
> that good?

No, it isn't, and I fixed it. I also answered the question "what happens if
I control more than 3 Souls," which is stated to be illegal but I'm sure
there will be ways eventually to get a fourth somehow - the one I can think
of is amassing 3 Souls somehow while yours is Found, then getting your own
back. However you do it, there needs to be a check to prevent any problems.