Daniel Lepage on Wed, 13 Apr 2005 02:49:18 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Wow, a real live reset.

On Apr 13, 2005, at 1.59 AM, David E. Smith wrote:

B Nomic's rules will fit on something less than ten pages again. I'm slightly
frightened by this prospect.

It's still seven and a half... not much less than ten. But considerably shorter than the 67-page one we had before the reset. And back in nweek 45, when the ruleset took 124 pages, we had rule 301 which *by itself* was more than ten pages long. That ruleset also featured 6.5 pages about Gnomes, 4 pages of Armies, 4 pages of Weather, and 3 pages of Gremlins.

The really sad thing is that I probably had a better idea of what everything did back in those days, even though there were rules longer than the current ruleset.

Wonko: Since substantially all of the "old" bnomic.org Web site is now outdated, would you like me to just point the front page to the front page of the Wiki? (I'll keep all the old stuff around for historical purposes and amusement, of
course.)

That'd be great, thanks.

I'm going to be a bit quiet for the next few days, as I struggle with an unnatural syzygy of projects and papers.

--
Wonko

"In fact, I wanted to be John Cleese and it took some time to realise the job was in fact taken."
  -- Douglas Adams