Peter Cooper Jr. on Thu, 7 Apr 2005 19:28:45 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: Rule 33

Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Just an observation: Every Refresh Proposal that wants to replace the
> ruleset will have to do something clever to get around r33, which
> states that it cannot be modified or repealed without a 3/4 majority
> of all players.
>
> In mine, at least, I'll probably do something like "remove all players
> who didn't vote for this Refresh Prop from the game, then remove the
> last paragraph of r33, then reinstate those players with all the same
> attributes as though they hadn't been evicted from the game".

Hmm. That's... interesting. We should have done that before (a few
nweeks back now) when trying to modify r33... Although if it's that
easy to get around, there's not much point in it being there.

Also, one might be able to argue that r0 supersedes r33 since r0 has
Chutzpah 8 and r33 han Chutzpah 2, but that might not actually work.

> Also, just as a thought for something to do when we start over, who'd
> be interested in a Scrabble-based subgame? I'm thinking something like
> Knightmare Chess, but with Scrabble instead of Chess.

Sounds cool to me.

--
Peter C.
"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the