Martin R Crowther on Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:47:30 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] Peter votes

Proposal 2035/0: The Knight - alright!                    : Shelve
I'm guessing this is supposed to be in a poetic form, but I'm not seeing
which one offhand.
And having it move as the piece it took seems a little ambiguous to me...
Can it still move like a Knight? If it takes a Black Hole, does it start
sucking up other pieces and isn't able to move?
- Peter

It just in poetic form - I wasn't aiming for a particular type of form.

As for the piece - it's an older chess variant. The Knight simply inherits
the moves of the piece it takes, effectively becoming that piece.

RW

Isn't there a piece sort of like this in Ultima chess? It's called the
Chameleon, I think - it moves like a queen but can only capture by
making the move of the capturing piece.

Just a random thought.

- Wonko

Probably. I've seen that variant around as well. I'm looking at playing Chesseract, I think it might just be confusing enough to be fun. I'd probably try to prop a version here - but since the initial rules are about 16 pages long, I think NOT.

RW