Daniel Lepage on Sat, 12 Mar 2005 01:04:47 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: Card and Arena Play

On Mar 11, 2005, at 10.38 PM, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:

Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
	I didn't realize the Gardens were so much work to deal with,
but if you tell me what takes the most work, I could probably rig some
simple scripts to help out.

I meant that they were work to maintain as a player, needing to water
the gardens every checkpoint. (I bet that Personman wasn't trying to
lose eir expensive Lemon tree, for instance.) As a minister, it's
pretty easy to maintain... The toughest part is just needing to go
through the entire list every Checkpoint and beginning-of-nweek and
remember what happens with each item, but that's not that bad
(although it might be worth the 20 points per nweek, whereas the Meta
ministry certainly isn't). Sorry for the miscommunication, but
rereading my earlier message I can see where it came from.

Reducing costs to once an nweek would make this easier, at least.

Also, we might triple the Watering costs but make them nweekly
instead of Checkpointly; I know I spoke out against doing that
earlier, but that was back when "remember to water the plants" was
basically the entirety of the gardening subgame.

Well, right now the watering costs are so low in comparison to how
much tildex everyone has, that it really doesn't matter much.
Everybody's rich enough to own and maintain a garden, so keeping track
of the little bit of tildex all the time just seems like a pain. Maybe
we should get rid of the costs entirely, and just have a stricter
limit on number of plants in a Garden? (Although then, we ought to
have *something* dealing with tildex.)

A limit of 5 would work well; it would also encourage more cooperation between players, since nobody would have a garden large enough to produce all the different fruits at the same time (especially if players want to use Waterspouts to keep their gardens free).

The other problem with the Gardens is that Wonko's sitting there with
a fleet of Bunnies ready to jump in and steal or destroy anything of
particular value, so I kinda don't want to invest too much in it. (And
at the very least, I don't want to get on Wonko's bad side. :)

Heh.

Well, I have offered to sell them to anyone who wants bunnies. At a discount price, too.

If you really don't like them, though, then give me a reason to get rid of them. If I could sacrifice 10 bunnies in order to gain Spell power from some dark god, then maybe the bunny problem would go away on its own ;)

--
Wonko

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.
     -Mel Brooks (1926 - )