Peter Cooper Jr. on Tue, 8 Mar 2005 17:00:58 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: Peter does research

Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On Mar 8, 2005, at 5.18 PM, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:
>> I do Applied Research for Drawing until I get at least 400 Applied
>> Research points for Drawing or at most 25 times, whichever comes
>> first. (I believe this conditional is legal under r1896.)
>
> I actually think that's exactly what r1896 is supposed to
> prevent.

Well, the comment in the rule states that "'I do X until my score hits
100' is legal only if you can show that your score will hit 100 and
that it is possible to figure out how many times you do X before it
happens", and I think that this is along similar lines.

> Especially the bit where you get to see the other dice rolls before
> deciding whether you paid for them already...

Well, I already stated ahead of time which dice rolls I'd be paying
for (The first X that sum to at least 400).

It'd be the same thing as if I did it one at a time, stopping once I
realized that my Research was at least 400. But rather than subjecting
everyone to 22 emails saying I was researching and 22 dice roll
emails, I thought that it might be nice to take that shortcut.

--
Peter C.
"Isn't that the same thing?"