Glotmorf on Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:37:00 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] Peter submits p2032

On 8 Mar 2005 at 14:29, automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Peter has submitted a new proposal, p2032.
>
> ---------------------------------
> Proposal 2032/0: Applied Research Remains
> A Standard Proposal by Peter
> Last modified on nweek 82, nday 3
>
> [[I suspect that this was left over from before technologies had
> levels anyway.]]
>
> In rule 1855, delete the sentence
> {{
> If an entity gains a particular Technology, all Applied Research
> Points specific to that Technology are destroyed. }}
> ---------------------------------

So...if I "spend" applied research points to get a Technology,
I can then "spend" them again to get the next level?

Bad Peter.  No biscuit.

Though, as long as you're looking to modify the rule, you
might want to change it so that only the applied research
points *of that entity* are destroyed; otherwise, technically,
it seems to say every entity's applied research is destroyed
if any entity gets the technology.

-- Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/imt