Daniel Lepage on Tue, 1 Mar 2005 22:00:50 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: Smiting and Oblivion

On Mar 1, 2005, at 8.49 PM, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:

Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Good lord, you've really been waiting for that. Yes, your math is
right - the 3 consecutive nweeks ran out about six hours before you
sent this.

Wow. No, I was just looking at the roster, thought that those players
had been in the Vat for an awful long time, looked back and saw that
the message putting them in the Vat was after the 78.8 date email, and
figured that nweek 78 to nweek 81 was 3 nweeks. (Actually, depending
on how you interpret it, it could be 4, since they were in the Vat for
at least part of nweeks 78 through 81 inclusive.)

Actually, the message was sent before the 78.8 email, at 9 in the morning my time. Your email arrived before the 81.8 email, at 3 in the afternoon my time.

It's a shame to see these players removed. They will be missed.

Well, nothing stops them from coming back if they regain interest.

True. But that's only ever happened once. Twice, if you count Iain coming back from a year-long hiatus (but e was always in the game). And the only guy to quit and then rejoin (The Voice) quit again a bit later.

--
Wonko

In the long run we are all dead.
     -John Maynard Keynes (1883 - 1946)