Peter Cooper Jr. on Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:44:56 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: twidle, board and Pgo recognition

Iain <iop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I really should check the rules before I start blindly carrying out
> this sort of instruction...  from r 1900: "In general, each Piece has
> a move associated with it; it is implicit that only the owner of a
> piece may move it in this way unless the rules
> specify otherwise." As the Jester at K0 is owned by theta, and BoP 6
> (Jesters) dosent specify otherwise, Peter can't tickle it. Ho
> hmmm...

Oh. Oops. I was mixing it up with the Drunk in my mind. Sorry about
that.

> (incidentally, I think that for the rule to be valid you need the
> acurate textual description of the board. Hence you need to know what
> the results of the random determination is... its fine for a player
> making such a move to do the dice rolls: its not as if this would
> affect the outcome.)

Yes... but it'd be odd to do the dice rolls before declaring that you
were taking the action (which you'd need to do in order to put the
board in the same message as the action). So if we needed to roll the
dice first, I could see what the dice said, and then decide not to
post my move after all. I suppose there's nothing wrong with having
the move-message and the current-board-message be different messages,
but I wasn't sure of game precedent in terms of who generally rolls
the dice, so I figured I'd wait and see if someone told me to roll
them myself.

--
Peter C.
"General Use Only"