Jeremy Cook on Thu, 6 Jan 2005 21:16:37 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Questions about becoming GM

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 07:54:31PM -0500, Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:
> So, if I win the Ministry of Rules in the election (which seems
> likely, unless somebody runs against me), am I responsible for
> implementing this nweek's changes (if any)?

Yup.

> Also, if I win, I'm considering moving the Rules Public Display onto
> the Wiki from the current system. The advantages I see are:
> - Having everything in one place can make things easier. (The Book of
>   Piece is already on there, and it works fine.)
> - It'll be easier for future people to edit if this role keeps on
>   bouncing from person to person.
> - We can take advantage of the Wiki's revision control system and
>   searching capabilities automatically.
>
> The only disadvantages I see would be the time to port the current
> ruleset over (which I'm willing to do), and not having all the
> historical information before the move (which I might be willing to
> port if there's a demand for it).
>
> Are there more advantages or disadvantages worth considering?
> Other comments?

There's currently a big database that stores all the rules and
their previous versions. If you move it, you could no longer
access the database. And we do need the historical information
for CFIs and precedents and so forth.

Zarpint