Jeremy Cook on Thu, 6 Jan 2005 16:26:48 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] CFI assignment

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 04:52:05PM -0500, Daniel Lepage wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2005, at 4.46 PM, Jeremy Cook wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 04:25:34PM -0500, Daniel Lepage wrote:
> >>
> >> The actions happen in the order e takes them. So, first "Foo Bar"
> >> sends
> >> an html message to the forum, then e becomes a player, and then e
> >> makes
> >> a proposal. My point is that the act of posting the message
> >> necessarily
> >> happens before the actions within the message take effect.
> >
> > My point is that they happen simultaneously. At the instant Foo
> > Bar's message hits the forum, everything in it takes effect.
>
> Right, but the crime isn't an action in the message, it's the act of
> sending the message itself, which happens before the message reaches
> the forum.

Oh, I see what you meant in that CFI now. No, the crime occurs at
the instant the message reaches the forum. The crime isn't in the
act of typing the message and pressing "send", which the game has
no jurisdiction over; only actions can be criminalized, and the
action occurs when the message gets to the forum.

Zarpint