Daniel Lepage on Sat, 25 Dec 2004 10:38:12 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] Goodbye everyone

On Dec 25, 2004, at 10.13 AM, Dan Schmidt wrote:

Cimonomic is starting tomorrow and I don't think I can
play 3 diffrent nomics at the same time so I am going
to hide under a rock for the next year. I will
probably be back way before then.

Yeah, three is probably too much...

Say, would anyone be interested in some sort of internomic activity? We tried to found an internomic market a year or so ago, but that was with Thermodynomic, which collapsed before the Market got off the ground. As far as I know, Agora, Cimonomic, BlogNomic, Nomopoly II, Nomicron, and GloNomic are active right now, and there are probably others I don't know about.

It wouldn't have to be a full-fledged Internomic - maybe we could bring back the Market, or start a game of 'internomic risk'.

Any interest?

Since I won't be able to prove that the LOIDAC exists
I shall post how to use it here: You can throw the
same tomato multiple times simultaneously because
nothing prohibits simutaneous actions. If that isn't
your piece of cake you can play Jackpot 20 times
simutaneously and score a win. Or if you like chaos
you can play Tornament Russian Roullete 100^10^10
times.

Rule 1896 says "E may also state that e performs an action multiple times, in which case e performs the action that many times (if legal, of course) sequentially." while defining how a player can take a game action. This suggests that if you try to do something a billion times at once, you'll end up doing it a billion times in sequence, and after doing it the first time the other 999,999,999 times all fail 'cause you no longer have the card/tomato/other object.

It probably wouldn't hurt to explicitly state that, though.

--
Wonko

It is disconcerting to reflect on the number of students we have flunked in chemistry for not knowing what we later found to be untrue.

  --quoted in Robert L. Weber, Science With a Smile (1992)