Daniel Lepage on Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:21:36 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] Wonko submits p1952

On Nov 23, 2004, at 11.31 PM, Bryan Donlan wrote:

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:35:48 +0000 (GMT), automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Wonko has submitted a new proposal, p1952.

---------------------------------
Proposal 1952/0: A few little fixes
A Standard Proposal by Wonko
Last modified on nweek 73, nday 6

In r1900, The Board Game, replace the sentence "In order to perform a Move, a player must include with it an accurate textual representation of the board." with "In order to perform a Move, a player should include with it an accurate textual representation of the board. If e does not, the Minister of the Board may reject the Move at eir discretion, in which case the Move fails and has no effect."

The minister of the board can play too, right? Can't he make an
illegal move, then choose, at his discretion, to not reject it?

No - if a legal move is made, but the included board is wrong, then the Minister of the Board may reject it. This doesn't mean that a move that is illegal in and of itself can be made legal, it only means that if a move would be legal but you drew the board wrong, it can be made legal.

And yes, I expect that the Minister of the Board will reject most poorly-done moves. But if e overlooks something and then a dozen moves are made after it, e can just pretend that the moves were all legal.

For example, I illegally place a penny, then a bunch of legal moves are made with board diagrams that include my penny. Technically, none of the moves after my penny are legal, because I couldn't really have made that penny; but the Minister of the Board might, for the sake of ease, simply remove the illegal penny but let the later moves through.

--
Wonko

I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to.
    - Elvis Presley