Daniel Lepage on Sun, 31 Oct 2004 17:28:07 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] Win

On Oct 31, 2004, at 1.29 PM, Jeremy Cook wrote:

On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 05:13:35PM -0400, Daniel Lepage wrote:
Rodney proclaims the existence of the KRC. No object called the KRC
ever existed, as far as I know; thus either Rodney must be trying to
create it (in which case e fails, because the rules don't say e can),
or e's just making a false statement about the state of the game.

There is no object called the KRC, nor would Rodney have control over
it if there were, so the KRC does nothing.

I modify the Charter of Zarpint's Tax Shelter by adding the following
paragraph:

{{
Zarpint's Tax Shelter, by majority vote, may change the gamestate in any
way at any time.
}}

And where in the rules does it say that a society can change the gamestate?

--
Wonko

In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.
      -Carl Sagan, 1987 CSICOP Keynote Address