Jake Eakle on Thu, 28 Oct 2004 01:18:52 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] As promised, a CFI

>> Statement: r1903 did not create any cards.
>>
>> Plaintiff: Personman
>>
>> Argument: A card is defined by r1726 as necessarily containing a
>> description
>> of a picture. None of the cards r1903 purported to create contained
>> such a
>> description. Note that while r1726 does state that a card's text box
>> may be
>> blank (though it would be stylistically preferable to list it as such
>> in the
>> prop creating the cards, this is not strictly necessary), it does NOT
>> state
>> that the picture may be similarly omitted from the card description.
>> While
>> there is no rule against describing a blank picture, all card
>> descriptions
>> MUST contain text describing the contents of the picture box. Because
>> r1903
>> provides no such description, it failed on passing to create any cards
>> whatsoever, no cards were added to the deck, everyone drew different
>> cards
>> than those currently described by the current hand lists, no sequence
>> was
>> laid down, and no one recieved any tildex for doing so.
>
> Aw, hell. You're gonna make me redo ALL of last week's draws? That's
> gonna take a while.
>
> It also decks us quite badly. A few plays were poorly made, in that
> case - at least one Six Card Hand will have had very little effect due
> to there not being enough cards in the deck.
>
> If this goes through, it will Take Time to implement.
>
> Y'know, it would be nice if there were some way for a judge to tack
> 'suggested remedies' onto a CFI, so that the judge here could propose a
> nice set of gamestate changes that wouldn't require me to redo an
> nweek's worth of actions.

I agree whole-heartedly. My intention here really isn't to bog the game down
and make you do extra work. Perhaps to avoid such unpleasantness a number of
gamestate changes could be made (say, tildex back to how they were, all
drawn color cards replaced with newly drawn regular cards, and the removal
of the CFI) and then we do the whole SOL thing and don't talk about it. And
maybe we should get rid of (or deactivate) good ol' r1903 while we're at it.

I think that this is a reaasonable solution that everyone, assuming that
their niceness supercedes their stick-to-the-rulesitiveness, can agree to.
Except whoops, that means a bunch of people get no cards instead of cards.
But, according to the CFI that never happened, they never were cards at all,
and we just decked ourselves earlier than we thought. Or something. Maybe
another one of the gamestate changes could be to add a second deck, exactly
equal to the one currently entirely contained in our hands. it is kind of a
big change, but this is kind of a big mess we're in (I just can't _wait_ to
see what happens with all the tomatoes when the clock comes back on....).

In closing, sorry for the inconvenience, but it's not as if you didn't just
steal all the tildex by abusing a poorly worded rule, so I don't feel _that_
bad about it : )