Daniel Lepage on Tue, 19 Oct 2004 01:16:05 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] Less is More: The Admin

On Oct 18, 2004, at 5.36 PM, Jeremy Cook wrote:

I propose:

{{__Less is More: The Admin__

[[ First redo the Ministry rule to remove the Admin]]

Replace r625 with the following:
{{
<snip>

D.9. The Ministry of Arcana
The Ministry of Arcana is a Ministry; its Minister may be referred to as the Adept. The Adept is responsible for performing any necessary game task for which no other Minister is responsible.

The Adept has really got to know where eir towel is.

I think you mean all tasks for which no other players are responsible for - The Adept should not be required to fulfill Duties, etc.

D.10. The Ministry of Change
The Ministry of Change is a Ministry; its Minister may be referred to as the Chairman. The Chairman is responsible for the following things:
<snip>
* E must assign serial numbers to revisable objects.

The 'revisable object' business is kind of redundant now - the only reason we had them is because Dave kept everything in one big table. Now that the rules, proposals, and CFIs are going to different ministries, it makes sense for the Chairman to only number proposals, since that's all e tracks.

D.11. The Ministry of Cards
The Ministry of Change is a Ministry; its Minister may be referred to as the Dealer. The Dealer is responsible for maintaining one or more Public Displays containing the following information:
* The names, images, and full texts of all extant cards
* The locations of all copies of every card (i.e., whose hand are they in, or are they in the deck, or in some sort of 'in play' state, etc.)

Oops - a copy/paste glitch of mine: that should say "The Ministry of Cards", not "The Ministry of Change". The current ruleset is hereby Rectified.

D.13. Society Ministries
There exists a Ministry for every Society. Unless the Society's Charter says otherwise, the member of the Society who joined the Society first is the Minister of that Society. The Minister of a Society must be a member of that Society. Elections may not be called for Society Ministries. It is the responsibility of the Minister of each Society to keep track of eir Society's Charter in a Public Display.

E might also track membership.

}}

In r10, delete "and the Administrator". [[2/3 plurality required]]

You could get around this by ignoring it and then asking the GM to Rectify this mention away...

In r14, replace "the administrator" and "The Administrator" with "the Minister of Forking Paths".

Why the Minister of Forking Paths and not the Minister of the Roster? Seeing as the Rosterizer recognizes joinings, it makes sense that e should cover forfeitures as well.

In r15, delete the list items beginning "Imperial" and "Despotic". [[Yay for autonomous government!]]

Awww... and I never even got to use the Veto :(

Delete r255 and replace r257 by:
{{__Executive Tidiness__
<snip>
}}

It's about time those two rules were consolidated.

In r437.A.4, change "Admin" to "GM".

Why the GM and not the Chairman? The Chairman is the one who has to count bonuses for such things, after all.

[[Admin-free in 2004.]]

w00t!

}}

Did I miss anything?

Well, a comment at the beginning of r1583 still mentions the admin, but that can be rectified.

More importantly, this will leave a bunch of jobs open for the time it takes to run the elections. At the very least, since they're mostly my duties anyway, you should probably put in a clause allowing me to perform all duties of the Adept (thus including those of the unfilled ministries) until such time as a true Adept can be elected.

Apart from that, this is very thorough, and I wholeheartedly approve.

--
Wonko

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
      -Steven Wright