Daniel Lepage on Thu, 7 Oct 2004 23:34:57 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] PlayerPersonman submits p1915/0

On Oct 7, 2004, at 11.40 PM, Jake Eakle wrote:

Alright, i can live with waiting a week. Can I just leave it on the wiki, or is that not kosher? I mean, no big deal if i can't, i can just copy it and paste it back in. It occurs to me that i don't know how I would get it off in the first place. I'd best leave that up to your mad wiki-admining skills,
i sposs : )

Yeah, you won't be able to remove it yourself. I'll remove it when I get the time (and renumber subsequent props accordingly... ugh).

Another thought: I don't spose anyone would be nice enough to prop in this nweek for me? And on that: is there any sort of protocol for forming binding agreements with other players? If i say, "prop this for me, and I take any bonuses and accept and penalties" and whoever I said it to agrees, are they under obligation to actually give me my points? If there isn't such a thing, someone should prop one. Meanwhiles, ima go edit my Welcome! prop to give
newcomers a few more BW...

It's nday 8, so theoretically the software won't let you edit it - we're now officially in 'Voting', but the Clock turned off automatically when nday 8 started, and won't turn on until I submit the Ballot. For the same reason, nobody else can submit a prop for this nweek's Ballot.

Which, as was previously mentioned, is waiting for me to finish this damn takehome exam.

Actually, life is much easier if I don't remove your prop... since nobody's mentioned it on a Public Forum yet, would anybody particularly mind if we just ignored the supposed illegality and let the Statute of Limitations legalize it on Sunday (that'll be 10 days after I said "you've got 10 BW")?

So in fact, that's what I'm gonna do: I'll send out a ballot now that has this prop on it (that's really easy for me to do - a wiki page shows the actual Ballot anyway, so it's just copy and paste). Then if anybody really cares about it, they can object, in which case it suddenly won't have really happened, the clock will still be off, and I'll get around to renumbering the props and submitting a "correct" Ballot sometime in the next few days.

Remember, to let the statute of limitations do its thing, be sure not to mention bandwidth on the public forum until after sunday :)

--
Wonko

"If I ask you to pay attention to the weight of your body pressing on your buttocks as you set reading, you will momentarily stop reading."
	-David G. Myers, _Psychology: Myers in Modules_