Daniel Lepage on Sun, 3 Oct 2004 21:16:18 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] PlayerPersonman submits p1912/0

On Oct 3, 2004, at 9.57 PM, Jake Eakle wrote:

k fine, so it sucks. i thought _maybe_, in the spirit of t you all would appreciate the creativity despite the lack of exactitude. But no, I see that your precious rules are more important than my immense artistic ability..
 : ) anyway, it seems to be going nowhere, ao i hereby rescind prop
#whatever, More Poetry. I had fun writing it, at least.

Dammit, every time I think I've got everything taken care of with my prop management software, somebody goes and does something I haven't thought of :)

Well, I guess it's time to build in a means of rescinding props....

BTW, don't take it personally that we take the rules so seriously. I've just seen too many arguments based on slightly ambiguous rules, sometimes with unpleasant results (during the DimShip crisis we all had undefined scores for a while... that was weird).

A thought: Rather than rewarding people for fulfilling specific poem forms, what if we allowed for a general number to be affixed to every vote ranking the overall style of the prop? This would be in much the same manner in which prose props are numbered (another my voting software doesn't really know how to handle), and would allow points for things that didn't strictly adhere to poetic guidelines, or that fit forms undefined in the rules.

This would also reward clever titles, interesting ideas, and other such stylish things.

If anybody feels like propping this, feel free, but please ______NOT THIS NWEEK______, the reason being that I have a bunch of prelims over the next few days, so I won't be able to code this into the voting software until next nweek at the earliest; if you prop it now, I have to issue a very late ballot next nweek while I continue working out how to do this.

--
Wonko