David E. Smith on Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:20:11 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: Test msg

I'm not sure what to do about making it come through automatically. For
another list I host, there's a dice roller which sends mail to the list,
and the way I handled that was to subscribe the dice roller to the list,
but disable mail delivery. In this case, the original sender appears to be
Wonko, who's on the list already. Like I said, the problem appears to be
with the To header.

There's obviously more than one way to do it... I was working on a robo-dice-roller for a while (the code is probably somewhere Wonko can get to it), and for it, you had to type in your email address. It made the envelope sender equal to that address; basically, it sent mail on your behalf, and you had to be subscribed to the list.

dave