Phil Ulrich on Mon, 26 Jul 2004 17:32:03 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Prop something something something

You got rid of the Limit on Tildex Creation, which is a Problem because
rampant Inflation will occur. Why would we want a devalued economy?

Why would we want an -un- devalued one? There doesn't seem to be a reason to have any limit on the number of tildex at the moment; if we're going to have a rule limited tildex, there should be a reason for unlimited tildex to be a Bad Thing. There doesn't seem to be anything to -do- with tildex, so there's no prices to inflate (why does research cost points instead of tildex, by the way). Nor is there anything stating what to do in the event tildex are unavailable - does the tildex-giving just fail? Do we take tildex from the poor and give them to the rich, or vice versa? Best to do away with it altogether until it's figured out exactly what to do with them and why inflation is Bad. (Other than in the Real World.) If, on the other hand, we keep the tildex limitation, I want a public display to keep track of it - figuring the tildex limit every week could be an annoying task.

You also removed my whimsical name. I thought it was clever.

I liked it too, but we seem to be doing away with all traces of whimsy in the ruleset.

You don't like my pair of question marks?? Why do you prefer 'G' ??

The question marks would've worked, but the way that entire paragraph was phrased (particularly the G * 10000 bit) was bloody confusing.

What's wrong with proposal 1885 for this? It has the advantage of not
creating and destroying new rules all the time.

I don't agree with paying points for doing a ministry; I would support 1885 and remove the last half of my own prop if p1885 used tildex.

--Phil