Joel Uckelman on Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:20:44 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: Proto-Prop

Thus spake "Craig":
> >events as they happen.  I would say the listserv acts
> >as this, except it appears that if someone's system
> >clock is sufficiently off it throws off the order of
> >messages; there are quite a few instances in my
> >archives of replies to messages coming before the
> >messages themselves.
>
> Are there such instances in the list archives? Because those would seem to
> be the definitive ordering authority.

Even if MHonArc (the archiver) is fooled by someone having a skewed system
clock, the time that a message is accepted by nomic.net will always provide
an internally consistent ordering. I'd suggest using that. (That's what I
did when I was the Admin.)

--
J.