Daniel Lepage on Mon, 21 Jun 2004 21:57:58 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 64 RESULTS

On Jun 21, 2004, at 10.28 PM, Zarpint wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Daniel Lepage wrote:

Or, I declare a State of Emergency, on the grounds that we have too
many "public displays" that aren't up to date, and so the current
checking period can never end.

The whole point of that rule was that the game has been near death for a few weeks, and that I really think we need to start fresh now. There's so much
baggage we haven't kept track of.

It seems to me that if you want to end the game, a proposal to end it would be better than a proposal that locks it up as a side effect...

Araltaln, I'm Godel, and I posted a list a while ago saying that I was the only Minister AFAIK. I held nominations, but I didn't hold the election, since I thought we were gonna redo the thing soon. From what I saw, there is insufficient interest in the current Ministry system to elect functioning
Ministers.

I don't know which ministries are open/needed... is this on display somewhere? (if not, it can go on the wiki!)

In fact, I protopropose that we end B Nomic. We can then (informally) agree to start C Nomic with Teucer's, or some other, Ruleset. If we use Teucer's set, I'd like to know how, e.g., the Ruleset is modified when a prop passes,
and changes in the gamestate are officially recognized.

I'd rather not end B Nomic, and I think we're certainly capable of fixing the current ruleset, if we'd just go ahead and fix things. The problem is that new things like the Voting Tokens generate a lot of voting work when we haven't yet put anything in place to automate such work, so it falls to Dave to manage it. This eats into Dave's time that could be spent fixing old displays and whatnot, so we're compounding the problem instead of fixing it.

--
Wonko