Craig on Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:05:58 -0500 (CDT)

RE: [spoon-discuss] The Game

>In r6, are Unlimited PEs necessary here?

No, I suppose not.

>In r8, fix the web address - it's actually http://www.nomic.net/~g6/die.php
>(that's been wrong for nyears).

Um, r9. And yes, that needs fixing.

>In r10, delete "the Administrator". Also, as prevuinously noted, this rule
is
>redundant.

True.

Actually, it now asserts that these are laws, which it didn't before.

>In r15, do we really need all these different kinds of polls right now?

Since Polls are used for more things, I vote for keeping them. Also, a
distinction between Strict polls and non-Strict ones encourages the
resurgence of things vaguely similar to Philosophies.

>In r16, let's get rid of section E (that section is my fault). Note that it
>conflicts with A, so it takes precedence.

Actually, I suppose we should get rid of the bit about Recognitions in
subsection A, as they don't happen anymore.

>In r17, there's no longer a "clock state".

That's a good pint.

>In r126, there is a reference to the Admin. Ditto for r128.

Really? I hadn't noticed. Okay, searching for all occurences of "Admin".

Let's see. R0 has one where it clearly means the Co-Ordinator.
R3 has a Season named "Dave the Admin" in honor of his contributions. (By
the way, all that matters to me for a calendar system is that an Nweek be
fairly short and that nweeks not begin and end at the same solar time
always. Other ideas are welcome.)
R10 did, but we're deleting it.
R14 has one... let's get it out.
R126 and R128, but it's being removed now.

That's it.

>Also, there is no provision for Precedence. I think we should have one.

Gah! You're right! Hrm, doesn't look to me like we need anything fancier
than straight numerical order.

>Other than that, this is great.

Thank you.