Aquarion on Tue, 15 Jun 2004 11:12:12 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] The Grid

Daniel Lepage wrote:
I've been thinking about The Game, and I've realized that it's getting boring. Much as I enjoy writing props to fix small things in the rules and change little legislative procedures, we need to get a new subgame started before everybody gets bored and quits. Only four players have done anything other than vote in the past nweek.

So I got to thinking about The Grid, and what we could make out of that. I don't think we should bring back the original Grid - that was a mess of random activity that drove two players out of the game and almost did it for the Admin too.

I agree with the Grid idea, though I still like the idea that never really got started on acronomic, of a circular board that recurses (http://www.gkhs.net/nomic/gameboard.php) (Not least because I spent a week learning enough GD to generate the board instead of drawing it).

As for dave's idea of a wiki-like structure for keeping a state of the game online, this I like. Most wikis (MoinMoin is a good example) give optional logins and 'ownership' of pages.

--
Aq